Reporting To: Hatchery Manager
Purpose of the position
The special focus of this position is to support and assist with the cultivation and monitoring of hatchery’s productions & ensure proper operation is executed by maintaining and repairing all facility’s equipment & materials.
- At least a High School Diploma with minimum of two years’ experience in the fisheries field
- Must be familiar with the hatchery operations & husbandry techniques
- Must have knowledge in operating , repairing & maintaining heavy equipment ((e.g. water intake pump, generator, etc)
- Must be able to speak & write English & Marshallese
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Must exhibit punctuality, dependability & honest
- Must be details-oriented
- Willing to be a part of a team & proactively look for ways to support the success of the organization
- Must be of RMI nationality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Physically assist with the
- collection of wild stock
- artificial spawning and
- harvesting of clam seeds/spats when needed.
- distribution of seedling to local farmers
- Repair and maintain the hatchery’s equipment/tanks and ensure they are in good working condition at all times
- Ensure that the animals raised in the hatchery have high survival and growth rate through proper/daily cleaning of tanks, pumps and filters
- Assist in recruiting & training local farmers
- Monitor and record growth/development/mortality of larvae/juveniles
- Maintain and clean the outdoor environment and facility areas. Ensure that the facility and grounds of the facility is clean and safe.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Aquaculture Coordinator and/or the management of MIMRA.
- Interested applicants can pick up applications from MIMRA-HR Office and or downloaded from the MIMRA website www.mimra.com
- Deadline 2 September 2022 by 5PM.
Marshall Islands Marine Resources Authority (MIMRA)
P.O. Box 860
Majuro, MH 96960
Republic of the Marshall Islands
Telephone Nos: +692 625 8262
Fax No. : +692 625 5447