About Pacific Island Tuna
- Pacific Island Tuna (PIT) is a startup sustainable tuna supplier based in Majuro, Marshall Islands, launched as a partnership between The Nature Conservancy and the Marshall Islands Marine Resource Authority
- PIT contracts with fishers, logistics providers, and processors to supply sustainable canned tuna to its retail customers
- Sustainability is PIT’s core mission. PIT brings best-in-class sustainability standards to the industry, without the inflated markup
- PIT operates in the Marshall Islands and has a US-based subsidiary to manage its US business. We’re looking for a results-driven Compliance Manager to implement and develop regulatory compliance strategies.
Employment type and location
- The Compliance Manager will be a full-time role. Hours will typically be standard, although some weekend work may be required
- Location is flexible within Asia-Pacific, preferably in Majuro
- Occasional additional travel may be required on an ad hoc basis (post-COVID)
Compliance Manager Responsibilities:
- Instill and promote a compliance culture throughout the organization and liaise cross- functionally across the organization to ensure the implementation of this strategy as appropriate.
- Lead and support activities surrounding import/export compliance with registered import service providers, customs clearing agents, logistics providers, contracted processors, and the Customs departments of the US, Marshall Islands, and Philippines.
- Lead and support monitoring and compliance with PIT’s best-in-class sustainability, labor and social standards and related customer KPIs.
- Actively support PIT’s participation in 3rd party sustainability, social and labor organizations including the Seafood Task Force.
- Lead and support the maintenance of various 3rd party site registrations, access, and/or updating to include databases.
Compliance Manager Tasks:
- Reviewing documentation, processes, and practices.
- Developing and enacting regulatory compliance strategies.
- Coordinating regulatory compliance procedures across organizational structures.
- Providing training in compliance practices and procedures.
- Monitoring regulatory and compliance and facilitating interventions to manage risks.
- Preparation of KPI scorecards against PIT’s sustainability, labor, and social standards
- Review and assist stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of Corrective Action Plans
- Performing compliance audits, data collection, and compiling reports.
- Documenting compliance-related processes and maintaining records.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment.
Compliance Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in the field of regulatory specialization or related fields preferred.
- An accredited qualification in regulatory and compliance assurance preferred.
- More than five years' work experience in the relevant industry.
- At least two years’ experience as a regulatory compliance specialist, or similar.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and governing laws.
- Proficiency in Office and compliance management software.
- Exceptional analytical, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player but also be self-motivated
- Deadline for submission is no later than October 31, 2022 at 5pm Majuro local time.
Terms of Reference