The Marshall Island Marine Resource Authority (MIMRA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Competent Authority Program Manager
The Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) through MIMRA currently exports fish and fishery products to the USA, Thailand and Taiwan among the main market players. Recently and importantly the intention to diversify its exports to the European Union (EU) market.
The establishment of the RMI Competent Authority (RMI CA) has the purpose of improving RMI sanitary controls of fish exports whilst at the same time meeting the EU export market standards and requirements.
The Competent Authority (CA) job will require substantial commitment in order to fulfil very important regulatory roles/functions on behalf of the Authority and the State. Thus, MIMRA is seeking committed applicants, with the necessary qualification, experience and skills set whilst at the same time is willing to learn new skills and knowledge and to take on added roles and responsibilities.
- Educational Qualification with minimum, Bachelor of Science or Masters majoring in Food Science, Biology and or Chemistry, public health or Food Law and related disciplines in sanitary control of fishery products
- Educational and communication language in English.
- Proven experience in leading the establishment of an EU authorized Competent Authority in the Pacific Island Context
- Experience in the fishery’s regulatory environment and context
- Understands the fishery industry and processing environment and HACCP
- Willing to learn, is committed to his or her work.
C. Application Process
- Interested applicants can pick up applications from MIMRA-HR Office and or downloaded from the MIMRA website www.mimra.com
- Deadline 02 September 2022 by 5PM.
Marshall Islands Marine Resources Authority (MIMRA)
P.O. Box 860
Majuro, MH 96960
Republic of the Marshall Islands
Telephone Nos: +692 625 8262
Fax No. : +692 625 5447